Pre-Casa (Toddler) Program
At what age can my child join the Pre-Casa (Toddler) Program?
The program begins in September of every year. Your child may join the program in September of the year he/she turns 2 years of age. For example, if your child turns 2 any month from January to December of 2008, he/she may commence the Toddler Program in September of 2008.
What does the Pre-Casa (Toddler) Program offer?
The Trillium Pre-Casa program offers an environment that is warm, nurturing and dynamic. The aim of the program is to foster a readiness for pre-school in a relaxed setting.
The Pre-Casa program will focus on:
- Independence and co-operation
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Learning through exploration
What will my child do in the Pre-Casa (Toddler) Program?
Daily activities are designed to enhance skills, enabling an easy transition into a more structured environment.
Skill development includes:
- Sensory skills: hearing, feeling, seeing, smelling and tasting
- Cognitive skills: logical and critical thinking, comprehension and organization of thought
- Motor skills: fine motor skills and gross motor skills
- Verbal skills: articulation, vocabulary, sentence structure and creative expression
- Social/emotional skills: conflict resolution, sharing, care of self, others and environment